Friday, September 08, 2006

Isn't that always the way?

The Demons defeated the Saints in a last-minute victory, in what is being called "a Hell of a game".

Footy fans are frenzied as the Grand Final draws near. This is only Week 1 of the finals, and already all that anyone is talking about/wearing/doing on the weekends involves footy. The playoffs are a complicated set of games involving the top eight teams. I've had three people trying to explain the structure of the playoffs to me, and as I've walked away with a sigh and look of confusion, they always call after me with, "It's actually very simple." I think the increased salt content in their bodies from all the vegemite is damaging their brains.

After some research on the internet, I found this:



...which makes the whole thing seem a little simpler than when you are trying to visualize it in your head. I will say this however, any playoff grid that has crossing lines is suspect. And I'll leave it at that.

No comments: