Monday, September 24, 2007

Chicago by the numbers

  • It takes 105 minutes to get from O'Hare to my apartment via trains only, if you catch them just right.
  • A cup of coffee costs 35 cents in my office.
  • A pop from the machine costs $1.45. (This may be why the feds are regarded as slow-movers. No caffeine!)
  • I have lived in Chicagoland for 24 whole days.
  • I have ridden a train 15 times.
  • I have passed underneath the Sears Tower 12 times.
  • I have mooched dinner from David and Geeta at least 6 times.
  • I work on the 4th floor of the federal building with the least security I have ever seen.
  • I still have three boxes to unpack. (They are books for work, so they don't really count, do they?)
  • I live on the 2nd floor, above a man who says he is an accountant, but who I am convinced is a secret-agent.
  • Two of my posters (framed in glass) spontaneously jumped from my kitchen walls.
  • One of them shattered to bits. Six of them were then removed in a preemptive strike.
  • Only one pot of coffee that I have been forced to learn to make for myself has turned out funny.

No comments: