Friday, October 20, 2006

Going-Away Lunch I


I am calling this "going-away lunch 1" because it can definitely be improved.

Let's put it this way, I ended up sitting next to the office manager and my group leader and they talked about climate change and lawn maintenance. Scintillating lunch conversation, let me tell you.

You can get an idea from this photo- Doug the office manager is counting the money for the bill, and Ric the group leader is watching him count it. Wow.

OK, enough griping. It was a good effort, anyway. Peter, the other going-away-er got up and gave a very funny speech after his farewell-intro (can you have a farewell intro?), so there was no way I was going to get up and follow him. Sure, I'm clever enough when I've got a chance to think about what I'm going to say, but public speaking is not my forte. After speeches, a few of us stuck around to delay working for a while, but ultimately, deadlines called.

Definitely going to have to try this again. Good thing I have another week!

Vocab of the Day
Cactus: messed up, broken, ruined.

My plan to finish the groundwater assessment report was cactus once our group meeting ran late.

No comments: