Monday, September 11, 2006

Another Day, Another Crisis

sigh, I think I'm going to burn out soon if this keeps up. Today I was meant to meet with the Tooronga client at 2PM. He called and cancelled at 10AM, but the boss still wanted all the stuff that I was going to take to the meeting, so we can pretty it up and send it in an email.

This was easy, in theory. You see, the problem with working with other people is that you have to wait for other people to get their work done. The CAD lady was slow (but steady, I knew she'd get finished eventually) and the database lady took Friday off, which meant that I had to get her to understand my urgency for getting the groundwater data set up today.

The maps and cross-sections were on my desk at noon, the groundwater data wasn't finished until 2:15. What if I still had a meeting? I would have had to go and say "Oh, well, there's stuff in that water, but it's not that bad. Just dig out some other stuff and it will be all right."

GAH!

Now, after I've finally finished putting the finishing touches on the package, the boss is gone for the day, and I am supposed to be in the field tomorrow and Wednesday (for another project manager), which means that he will have to write the bloody memo himself. Pfft. I don't see that happening.

bigdeapbreathrighthere

I won't go into the mess that is the groundwater sampling fiasco for tomorrow. I'll just say I'm doing it as a favor, and I won't be repeating that mistake any time soon.


OK, onto something much more fun!

Vocab for the Day
Chocolate crackles: Mixed-up Aussie version of Rice Krispy treats.
Recipe calls for cereal, icing sugar, cocoa and coconut. Rice Bubbles is the Australian name for Rice Krispies, and when I said, "Oh, you mean Rice Krispy treats!", they looked at me as if I had three heads.

No comments: