Thursday, March 22, 2007

Demon dog

So, Sara and Mike are on vacation on some sunny island in the Atlantic and I am watching their dog, Heisman. Still a puppy, he is pretty high maintenance and can make one heckuva mess out of some toilet paper in less than two minutes flat.

As part of their "payment" for my dogsitting services, Mike filled his kegerator with my favorite beer and they insisted that I have people over to drink it. Easier said than done, it turns out. I mean, I'm here mostly weeknights and all, and I already have plans for Thursday, Friday and Saturday night and jeez, I'm sounding way over 21.

This realization came to me yesterday, at about 4:45 PM, at work. So, went over to Lucinda's desk and we decided that Wednesday night was the night and we rounded up the troops.

Three girls came over. That's all we could muster up. Seriously, I mean, when did everyone start having so much money that they could turn down free beer!?

It was fun though, and in between gossip and munching on leftover dip from Lucinda's St. Pat's party, we ended up watching some quality B movies. We watched Brain Candy, the base of most of my dialogue during my college years (hey, they may be Canadian, but they had the dry one-liners down!), and Fast Times at Ridgemont High, which Ivon had never seen. A definite must if you are trying to understand American genX culture.

We were all entertained by the movies and (mostly) the dog, and I can honestly tell you that I'm not sure which disturbed me more. Fast Times is really a bad movie.

Oh, and I don't think we even made a dent in the beer supply.

No comments: